We’re back with another edition of ‘Top Travel Essentials’, where we delve into the suitcase of top artists from around the globe to discover what they really take on tour with them and the items they can’t seem to live without.
This time round, we’re lucky enough to have German techno star, Oliver Huntemann give us the lowdown on his recent touring schedule, his memorable moment mid-flight and what he packs for his busy tour schedule.
Where were you on your last overseas trip?
My last overseas trip took me all the way to Australia. I had short tour down under and headed straight back.
What cities in Australia did you visit?
We had a short, but intense tour, here?s the route: Sydney, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold-coast, Moyston (close to Melbourne).
What was your favourite part of the trip?
After five stunning gigs, I was already super happy. But our flight back from Pitch Music & Arts was just the icing on the cake. I was able to sit in the cockpit for the whole flight. It was around 5am with the sun rising right in front of us. There’s no better way to end a tour!
What are the 5 items that you can’t live without on the road?
- One of my three passports.
- A little pouch from Qwstion with my DJ gear in it.
- A good book! Like “Fleisch ist mein Gem?se” (Meat is my vegetables) from Heinz Strunk. A book about country side musicians who regularly play on weddings, funfairs and beerfest?s. I actually read this one for the third time by now!
- My MacBook for last minute music digging.
- My Klipsch In-Ears to enjoy the basslines and kicks just in the right way.
Socials: Soundcloud | Facebook | Instagram | Website